Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Meme: A second look.

About a year ago I did this meme.

I thought that it would be a good idea to revisit it since I hadn't really been knitting that long when I did it the first go 'round.

What is your all time favorite yarn to knit with?
Brown Sheep Lamb's Pride worsted or bulky, I just love it.

Your favorite needles?
Addi Natura Circs mostly. I tend to favor circs over straights just because it's less strain on your wrists.

The worst thing you've ever knit?
Hard to say. I generally rip stuff I don't think it's turning out well.

Your most favorite knit pattern? (maybe you don't like wearing it...but it was the most fun to knit)
I don't view knitting as "fun", and while that might sound I think it's torture, I don't. It's just something I do. I sometimes thing the end results are fun, but not necessarily the process itself is fun. I always try to challenge myself with my projects. I like them to be something I have never made before or some new technique I have never tried before.

Most valuable knitting technique?
Knitting Backwards. Thanks Coleen!

Best knit book or magazine?

I read Interweave pretty regularly. And sometimes Vogue.

Your favorite knit-a-long?
I have discovered I don't really care for knit-a-longs. They make me feel guilty for not getting around to doing or completing the specified project.

Your favorite knitblogs?
Check the link on the sidebar, I like all of the ones I read.

Your favorite knitwear designer?

Evelyn Clark, Kate Gilbert, Kristen Nicholas, and of course.. Eunny. :)

The knit item you wear the most?
I don't. Most of my knits have been given away. Or they aren't clothing items. I am working on some stuff now that will be items for me to wear, so perhaps that will change with time.

That's it. I don't know that my answers are any mSave as Draftore satisfactory than they were a year ago, or even that my thoughts have changed that much, but it's neat to see at any rate.


CAm said...

Okay, since you throw, next knitnite you get to teach me to knit backwards. I may need to try some entrelac soon ;-)

Stacey said...

still have to learn that knitting backwards thing....will I maybe see you this weekend???