Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Bobby Socks: First FO of 2006.


Bobby Socks
Pattern: None.
Yarn: KnitPicks, WOTA, Chambray
Yardage: No idea. About half a rewound ball from where I frogged the Craftster Shrug.
Needles: US size 6, Lion Brand Double Pointed Needles (plastic, but nice)
Gauge: 6 sts per inch, 8 rows st st.

These are the socks that were requested in "Batman" by a certain little man. He was very specific in what he wanted. Only an inch at the cuff. No higher. Not more than one color. Not Black or Dark Blue or Yellow, but.. "Batman!" which as it turns out is light blue for him.... I think.
KathyB left a kickass pic of some actual Batman colored socks in her comment and thus I bring it to your attention. I have not yet tried "the intarsia" but when I do, I am sure that actual Batman socks will be in the works. In the mean time, I am happy with these.

These were a fairly quick knit. They were small and I didn't do them in teensy yarn or needles. I had piddled around with one last week a bit but finally finished up the toe of it last night while waiting on Warcraft and then did the entire second sock this morning. Why the rush? Well, I should be seeing a certain little man this week, possibly as early as tomorrow, and I didn't want to disappoint him. It's true the socks themselves might disappoint, and he's honest enough to tell me straight up, but he's 4, and that is the beauty of kids.



Also, thanks to Jessica at FigandPlum I learned that my camera had a macro function and I played with it some. Here's a detail shot of the Clap that is STILL in progress. I seem to have hit the wall with this one. I am tired of it. But I shall persevere. I am sure I'll get a lot of knitting done at Shmoocon this weekend, as most of it is over my head, so I'll try to grind out several inches on the Clapotis or start on my other Jaywalker so that the one sock doesn't remain so alone.

No comments: