Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Books, Books, Books.

While at shmoocon, I picked up two geeky books. I always like to find good web references, and the BSD book was perfect because I am going to switch from using Debian to BSD on my server, because that's what shmoo uses and if I get in a jam he can help me out. This book is supposed to teach me how to use BSD in a structured way, as opposed to the haphazard way I have learned Debian.
These are the books I received today from my Amazon order. Two, yes TWO, knitting books.


I hope to make shmoo beautiful sweaters he will want to wear one day. I also want to make sweaters that not only fit but flatter my figure. I must admit however, I would settle for fit.

I picked up these Audio Books at the Library, in order to help with the knitting moving right along. I have to have something to help occupy my mind when I knit, so hopefully this will do it.

I also found these two gems at the library as well. I don't really care about Fair Isle that much. I don't plan on doing it for many years to come. But I felt I needed to see what all the fuss was about. Had it been the Aran book I would have been far more pleased. I still really want to duplicate Wash's Aran for shmoo. I emailed the costume designer from the show, but I haven't gotten a response so it looks like I am on my own.

I also cast on for the Geisha socks while at shmoocon so I worked on them a bit yesterday. I read that Cara starts a sock for the next pair before doing the second sock on her current pair. That seemed like a good idea. I am not bored with the Jaywalkers after all, and I plan to finish them, but I just felt like doing something a little different for a bit as far as socks go. So much for the resolution of only 4 WIPS at a time. Didn't even last a month.


I also went to JoAnn's today. They are having a hella clearance sale. I got the Scottie Dog tape measure for a buck! I couldn't' resist. I keep losing them so it seems a sound investment. And the big bundle of glittery needles? Why, I am so glad you asked! $7.99. That's it. Yes they are plastic and have glitter but.... $7.99! US sizes 10, 10.5, 11, 13, 15, and 17. I also picked up the sock sets of needles from Susan Bates. Not on sale however. It seems dpn's are getting harder and harder to find in chain craft stores so I wanted to snatch up that sock set before it disappeared!

Ok, so maybe I just needed an excuse to shop at the craft store.

No comments: