Monday, July 24, 2006

Spunky Eclectic

Last Tuesday morning, I ordered some fiber from Spunky Eclectic. Amy was having a sale so I ended up with 24 ozs total. 3 bundles of Merino and 1 bundle of BFL. It arrived on Thursday and it's just fabulous.

The colors are great. Especially the BFL. It's in the Tahiti (dark) colorway, and it feels like warm sunshine. All that's missing is the smell of tiare flowers.

So yeah, here's my haul.




And here's the Tahiti BFL spun up. It's my first time spinning BFL. I'm not sure what I think about it honestly. I know that lots of people LOVE it, but I don't think I am one of them. It has spun up softer than my other yarns however, so that is in its favor.

And as for my Supersheep? He progresses. Much like the last one, with stranded knitting only on the band at the bottom. I'm obviously going to have to do a fully stranded sheep at some point. But for now, this will do.

A change in revamped plan is I dropped the belt. Turns out I have no gold/yellow yarn. And I the yarn I tea-dyed... well, the darker of it will be ok for the emblem, but I didn't like it at all for the belt.

Seen here, the bottom ball isn't really white, it's a nice off-white now, and the top one is a goldenish beige/brown. I really need to make my photo-box soon.

3 comments:

chacha / Jen said...

That fiber is fantastic! Every time I see fiber from Spunky Eclectic, I think, "I need to get some of that stuff." I just need to actually ORDER SOME. :)

(I have some yellow KP Palette in the stash... if you're going to Panera tonight, you can see if you could use it for the sheep.)

Stacey said...

wow. that fiber is fantastic - the colors!!!

super sheep takes form! I love it!

Wendy said...

That haul looks as yummy as cotton candy!

Thanks for the advice about print o' the wave. I had a feeling in the back of my head (out of pure laziness, not about anything intuitive about the edging) that I was never going to graft those panels together. But now, I feel much better about forging ahead.

Wendy