Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Madness!

And I don't mean that british ska group. Things are nuts right now as we prepare to fly down to visit my family tomorrow and then drive back up with my car. I had a huge list of things to complete, but finally it's down to just three things left. One of them however, is packing. The stress from getting so much done in so little time however has led to massive freaking out on my part.

A problem package from UPS hasn't helped things either. I hate UPS. I am pretty sure I am calling their corporate to complain about how much I hate them, as soon as I get back. I even asked them if they could blacklist me and never never never take a package delivery for me again. They said no. So, if you plan on sending me stuff, don't use UPS. I hate them and it will just cause a week of stress while I cuss at them on the phone.

Yes, I said cuss. I hate cussing to people in the service industry. I have been there, and I didn't like it when it was directed at me, so I know how they feel. But after I almost had a seizure from frustration and then cried, openly, on the phone, I gave up and let it fly. Skies darkended and rumbled. Winds picked up. Sailors blushed.

On the bright side, shmoo handled the freak out well. I am so gonna keep him. He even had to talk to my mom on the phone because she apparently decided I was in mid-spaz-attack and no longer sane.

And while I am in the beautiful south... I am getting more White Lily!!!! Both all purpose and self-rising. Maybe even some whole wheat. I am tempted to get some Dixie Crystals as well, but I am not so hung up on a particular sugar that I can't deal with a substitute. Perhaps some more Duke's Mayonaise, (which, ironically I can't buy here, but it's manufactured in Richmond, so I can always roadtrip it down there really fast to get some) and there was something else but I can't remember what it was. That's ok, it will come to me when I am in the Kroger. I have a big truck, it can hold it! ;)

And of course I have to decide on my travel knitting. Taking my jaywalkers. And the yarn and needles to swatch the Jaywalker Armwarmers I think. Bigger yarn, bigger needles, planning of length and decreases. Blah blah blah. I am interested to see if I can do this on my own. Perhaps, we'll see.

No comments: