Sunday, October 16, 2005

I've been a bad bad girl....

Ok so I didn't finish that black hat for my brother. I am on the decreases at the crown but he decided he had to go and couldn't hang out any longer. That's ok. We had a good day.

I still haven't made soap this weekend. I may not after all. I brought work home because I am out next week and I needed the peace and quiet to think about how the customers messed up their EDI so I can submit changes to mapping, OR tell the customer what data they left out, and what data they should have never put in.

I did go thru all my stuff in the bathroom. Turns out, I am throwing most of it away and that it will all fit into one box after all. Woot. I also packed up all of my stash, except the hat and lace projects, and all of my books/magazines and made them fit into my larger suitcase. Managed to get my needles in there too. I am taking it with me Wednesday so I don't have to move it later.

Ok, so before you gasp and pass out at the idea of having neither stash nor needles nor books....I ordered a Jayne Cobb Hat kit from one of my fellow craftsters. Shmoo's best friend loved Firefly, and he's getting a hat for Christmas. I kept the size needles I will need for that.

I also have 16 skeins coming from knitpicks. 4 skeins of Shadow in a green color called Lost Lake. Also, 12 skeins of Wool of the Andes. 6 in hyacinth and 6 in chambray. The green is for a lace version of the MysteryShawl2 KAL. The blues are for the Craftster Shrug that has developed on this thread. I have decided on the dark blue for the ribbing; the light blue for the body, in feather and fan stitch. I also plan on light blue long sleeves with dark blue cables that are a bit circular, stacked so there are three. All three lines won't go all the way down the arms. Mostly because as I have to decrease I will run out of cable pattern room, and I don't want big blousey sleeves. I figure by the time I have this shrug done I will have completed my move to Maryland and have desperate need of it. Actually, by the time I finish it, it might be next spring....

So I have packed my stash but have more coming. It'll be like.. a baby stash! An offshoot of the parent stash that is waiting patiently to be joined with the masses of other yarns I have.

I hope I like the Wool of the Andes a lot because it's pretty cheap, and it's actual 100% wool. I would hate for it to make me itchy however. That would make me sad.

Should I get the black hat finished up today I will throw it up for viewing.

No comments: