Sunday, October 23, 2005

Pictures from the North.



This is the coast guard ship near the Baltimore Aquarium. And the other picture is the same area. It's just the back of the shops. They look like they are old shipping warehouses to me. I just like the brick.

Towns with water are appealing to me. Perhaps because I have been so land-locked all my life. I like the way Balitmore "felt" and I thought it was a pretty city as well. Despite the cold. I never think of Atlanta as pretty so perhaps it won't be so bad. It was a little on the cool side to me however. And now I have come home to a cold snap in Atlanta. Hopefully it won't last my remaining 3 and a half weeks here.


My yarn now resides here. In it's Ikea hanging bag, next to the Ikea bookshelf. If the cat doesn't decide it's a toy, (Bad Bri! No!) then it shall be a great thing. I have enough hanging cubbies to sort out the yarn and space to add more, but not too much, so the stash should stay well under control. I hope.

I have worked a little more on my mystery shawl and am almost finished with clue 2. Clue 4 came out while I was in Maryland and from the amount of emails in my box when I came home, it looks like people are pissing themselves. This might turn out to be a little too hard for me. I plan to continue on with it however, as best I can. Even if it's a massive failure, it was cheap yarn and good practice. Also, I have no other current projects available so if I want to knit, it must be that.

Today I am going to a craft show with my mom. And possibly my little brother. He was in a very bad car accident while I was out of town, and has to be watched closely the next couple of weeks. I knew that it would be hard to be so far away from my family if something bad happens. It was just as hard as I thought it would be. Luckily, he turned out not to need emergency brain surgery and appears to be recovering nicely. Now I get to go scold him for scaring the hell out of me.

And finally, I miss shmoo.

No comments: