Thursday, February 16, 2006

Project: Not a failure after all

Ok so yesterday, I boiled that damned hat. BOILED IT. No shrinking. I washed it with a load of jeans on hot. No shrinking. Finally, in desperation, I threw it in the dryer with the jeans. At last! It shrunk right back up to it's original size. YIPPEEE! But now I have to get the lint off of it.
Here is my lovely model, lint and all.


I the mean time, Hello Interweave Knits Spring 2006! I love finding you in my mailbox. What I really loved, was the picture of the sweater on the back in the add for Classic Elite's new book, Boathouse. OMG! I want! It's....lovely.

As for inside the mag, I liked the following, but of course that is no guarantee I'll get around to making them, I still haven't made the other things on my list from older IKs.

The Caftan Pullover (page 26). I love the way it looks. I love that it's written in my size and I don't have to play the "MathGame" with it. I don't quite like how low it goes and I hate moss stitch, but damn the detailing on this thing is F-I-N-E fine.

Trellis Scarf (page 56). Another little lace item. But I like the way it looks, and the pattern even uses Knit Picks yarn so I wouldn't have to dream up a substitution.

Aran Rose (page 60).Wow. I LOVE this sweater. Shmoo said he likes it as well. Direct Quote: "That's very nice." It isn't in my size, so MathGame it is. But I do love it. I might even make it in pink!

Simply Lovely Lace Socks (page 64). Ohh so cute! And they look great for spring and summer. Unfortunately all the sock yarn I have is variegated or in manly dark shmoo colors, so this would mean acquiring more yarn. Something I am trying to stay away from right now. But I will certainly keep them in mind for future socking.

prairie Tunic (page 88). I like this a lot. Clean, simple, but nice details. Also, no MathGame for it either. On the downside, I would need a strapless bra, because while the back detailing is really nice, there's not much in the way of straps going on. Also I feel like it would just show too much chubby skin, and that's just not attractive. So while I like it, I don't really see it getting knitted up any time this decade.

And that's it. My summary of IK Spring 06 is complete.

Also, today I have a job interview. I hope I end up liking it. I am not worried so much about the interview. More about if I will actually like the job if I get it. I also hope the company is receptive to ideas, because I already have a few for it. We shall see.

It's always best to let sleeping dogs lie, don't you think?

EDIT: Interview went really well. And Joann's is having a sale on Patton's Classic Merino wool. The yarn called for in the Aran Rose pattern in IK spring 06. AND.. free shipping from the code on the front of the website. I ordered the yarn to do this sweater, even got the same color. I think this is the first time ever I have not subbed. Woohoo.

No comments: