Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Some Confusion

There seems to be some confusion in the MS3 KAL about what the sample swatch is supposed to look like. Some knitters are upset that their swatch does not match the chart exactly, and the knitting is not perfectly symmetrical. Some claim the chart is wrong, and they had to change it to make it match what the chart looked like. Some claim you shouldn't think that just because the chart is symmetrical your knitting will be.

I am among the latter group. After the panic started yesterday, I reswatched in leftover Rowan Felted Tweed, because while having substance, it's still thinner than most yarns I work with.

Yeah, see that? Still curvy. No panic here. In fact, I like the shape it makes. I think it's a leaf.

Everyone is waiting with baited breath for the list mom/pattern writer to respond to all the questions of "which swatch is right?" I don't really care one way or the other, I like the leafy shapes, and I am sure that regardless of whichever one is deemed correct, mine will turn out leafy shaped.

And yes, I broke and cast on for another Odessa last night. In variegated no less. I am a sucker for variegated yarn, every time. It's starting to worry me. I even bought a bag of Silk Garden Lite (No. 2017) at a yarn sale this past weekend when I don't even like Silk Garden that much. I admit, it's starting to grow on me, but I still don't LOVE it. But my God! The colors! So vibrant! This colorway makes me think of trees in early fall, when everything is starting to turn, but there is still plenty of green. I practically drooled on the bag.


I plan on making a Lady Eleanor with it. But I am also planning on it being a Christmas gift for someone so I won't be starting it any time soon. I have to get done with mother's day gifts first!

No comments: