Friday, November 18, 2005

That's a big ass truck.

Yes, we mananged to pack all my crap into a 15 foot budget truck. We even managed to load it all up in just two hours. Of course there were three of us and the truck was right out the front door. Unloading will not be as smooth of course. Two people, a truck unloading area and an elevator. I don't look forward today much at all. It must be done however.

The trip was fairly uneventful. Except the part where I got sick on myself, the truck and the car in the lane next to us. Shmoo handled everything really well, other than the laughing hysterically, and reminded me once again why I love him. I also knocked over my tea at the Cracker Barrel and when the glass hit the table it shattered and freaked out all the staff of the resteraunt. Then, someone who is not me, left our bags on the curb at the Holiday Inn, and realized it 20 miles down I-81, so we had to turn around and go back. He was so mad at himself, it was cute. I had called back to see if they could find our bags for us, and they couldn't but we went back anyway, and there they were, on the curb, right where we said they were. Hooray for providence, honest people, and bags that match the color of the bushes.

That's it from the new digs, we have to go to Ikea and get another huge bookshelf and get it put together before we bring all the stuff in from the truck, or there won't be room to put it together.

Oh! And College Park SnB is still alive and I was allowed to join! Yay! Their meeting was the day we started moving however so I missed it. I look forward to the next one.

1 comment:

laura said...

maybe? We know a bus comes thru the apts, but not sure about what we are closest to for getting around. I'll let you know when I figure it out. I should be back on IRC soon too. (tonight I hope!)